Sunday, June 30, 2013

RP to R.I.P.

So I have spent approximately 2 weeks over the summer plus 4 weekdays to do the 4-6 page research proposal Murdoch Unive asked of me, which I shall likewise use for my IIT Bombay application.

What am I learning so far:
-to follow 1-day routines of working on portions of my RP
-to curtail on what should be curtailed during bbbreaks
-to really SEE that RP is all about posing arguments as to why this research is worth doing
-more on QR=p 85-98 of QCRM 2nd edition by Lindolf and Taylor, 2002

How about self reflections--
-that all of my self driven explorations and on-my-own research pursuits outside my PhD curriculum studies coursework--has led me to this
-that I have taken at least 2 new steps as to how RRL should be and that is to use my voice and not hide behind merely weaving prior researchers' works
-that I really need a mentor to work on my quali R methodologies--so far I can only learn it if it is done this way: show me the final product/research then let's draw out all these QR methods of data gathering and analysis
-that I have yet to see a book on QR that is instructive and done in the manner I have mentioned above
-that the reason why I am still here pursuing this proposal for a PhD is because of this state of disequilibrium--how to choose the design, instrument and method of analysis for this kind of research I would like to do

I would want to finally have a final submission of this RP so I can get a moment's R.I.P.

Still here and not giving up on me....

No comments:

Post a Comment