Friday, March 6, 2015

The Light...the Light...I see the Light!

Like some AHA moment, I finally see the light.

I am here to the rescue of my Hist 11.
The Imperial Japan unit was kinda so so...but it was a good time for me to reflect on 2Do's for my last unit. My ATL's= essay writing for Paper 2, and this time it's kinda swak to how we have started Unit 3 on China 1912 onwards.

The last unit on Imperial Japan was a good chance for students to look at their essay responses and peer review each others' works. They realized that they have much to learn from each others' written works.  It was also a good time to break in the IB format for their IA=Histo Investigation which in due time we need to start thinking about.

After my mtg with DP Coord, I came to realize that all the above small steps made sense. I need to remind myself however that we do not have the luxury of time, therefore I need to set things way in advance at ManageBac. This will leave us time to review for the final exam--Paper 2 to cover questions from Unit 1, 2 and 3.

Now for this Unit 3 (last unit), my targets:
-tighten their essay writing through essay exam response tips
-make use of IB materials to help them through essay writing
-brainstorm and plan for the IA
-do more OPVL exercises

There you go....whew!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment