Wednesday, December 18, 2019

One Silent Night for my VIPs v.2.019

This is 51 years spending Xmas here on earth and it truly is getting old.
I'm starting to dread going to church to SEE all the capitalist Xmas noise.

But this year should really be a good time to pause and quietly look up to thank the Lord. This is willing myself to keep memories of people cuz my tunnel vision can be hyperfocused on mere process & product.

Best wishes to this year's VIPs of my soon to be over PhD Journey v.2.0.

Let me do my greets of gratitude:

LM - I owe you for that Bukas Palad concert I attended which sealed my truerfaith in God. I understand why you had to un-friend me. But my heart can handle an overflow of pain coming from your much bigger pain. So I took it fair and square, melted it down  because I am one to get hurt & heal fast being over-loved and a keeper of little joys.  Sending over that rectangular plastic container with that  Laing dish says it all. I accept your forgiveness :)

Rachel Red - You have and will always be the bearer of my gurlish, weirdest and funniest stories of only u-know-hhhhwattdafs.  Can't believe we  have remained in touch through all these years since HS. You have listened to all my whines, grumblings and ADHD talk, confessions, misspells and pasikots included. Let's get old and stay young.

Lolita  - I forgive you and thanks for explaining. Come Christmas 2020, tell me about him. And I'll tell you - Sabi ko na nga ba, eh!

CC - We've met briefly but hit it off great. You have added color to my last few days of being at Toowoomba. Our shared stories and insights into self-doubt & our demigods, mommying and our children, giftedness and the X-men, the Guilty Feminist...need I say more? It got me thinking about femininities and masculinities and corresponding literature archetypes.
       
Anna-HEART-Alex - Yups, you are my generous and caring AirBnb hosts turned friends. Got a separate blog entry just for u2 and Dante :) Quilt+Coffee+Tuna Pesto Pizza=Lots of A-heart-A

Maria Power - Your journey and your story have been all worth it. I heart your spirit and your energy. Thanks for asking help. It's the least I could do...and I can really do mowhhh. Just holler.

Xin Yan  -  Yes, that tasty broth with cauliflower and braised beef with potatoes are the first genuinely home-cooked Chinese meals I am so thankful for. It kept me nourished through my brain-tired days & nights. Your smiles and our mix of Englishes are the only reasons I will even look up conferences in China. It should be fun to let you drive me around and see the lights.

Gu of Xin Yan - Will do my best to  treasure that beadwork ala pendant forever. Send me a pic of your dyed hair when you reach your 16th birthday.  Or better yet, let me do the dyeing for you. Then, we'll both say Happy Buthde in the Aussie accent way.

Eva - Yes, you are the only Eva I know. You have trusted me with your stories and I will keep it for a while then throw it to the wind so that my wishes will overtake it and mine will come true FOR YOU. There is a time for everything, woman. And we shall meet again someday to have that ONE smoke. Dadalhin ko mula sa Pinas para uber-mura.

Nickie - You have been a really sweet junior sis to Sigma Delta Phi Batch '87 me. I admire your loyalty, your mommy-ness, sense of fun, and sense of porma...most of all your lovely home = Shadow + children + your one and only Chef (perfume included).

Teh Dr D. - I'll take your D's anytime versus the Duterte D. Yups, my mind can afford to contain your comments found all over my chapter writing AND I WILL DO ALL the rewrites. Gahhdami and Gademet, all because I want more checks on my white paper!!! That's the least I could do in return for all the reading & fixing I put you through, not to mention the big chunk of my life drama and atypical brain I laid at your feet. You handled my work with care and I can only say 'bless you a hundredfold'.

All the above = 12 candles...HeartUAll :)




1 comment:

  1. Miss you soooo much! I wish I’ll have the guts to....hmmmm!!! :)

    ReplyDelete