Saturday, May 2, 2020

It's Like THIS 2

One time, I was daydreaming for a Zoom session because I've restarted to concoct ideas for next research 2do. I allow myself to daydream future writing projects as a way to look forward to having my life back. But because I had to hyperfocus in finishing my section on Limitations of the Study, and hadn't had breakfast, come Zoomtime I couldn't just ask that the session be recorded-- cuz the daydream was unfolding.....but no playback, tsk tsk!

THIS paper idea is triggered by the ff:
1) HERDSA and my daydream of doing a poster presentation I've never tried before
2) My husbandry asking about auto-ethno
3) A recent exchange with Professor X on a possible auto-narrative project
4) My unfinished blog on 3 great teachers

5) A shared conversation with Catherine Chinook on giftedness and demigods
6) Meeting another Learning Advisor - and me trying to listen to him give feedback to a student in THAT neat part of the library
7) Immersing with HDR-LA - like literally me, making a labrat out of me, observing, wondering and uber-benefitting from an academic writing coach & reflecting/asking myself 'will I be able to do the same for someone next time?’

8) My ongoing interest with expert teachers to include a cohort I categorize as 'gifted teachers'(by order of appearance in my life):
Rachel-R - Maryknoll HS and UP
Feny - Community of Learners
Mailin - Wordlab
Victor - Wordlab and UP
Dr. Acoymo - UP
Dr. Nellie Deutsch - IT4ALL
Dr. Dina Ocampo (as my EDR prof) U.P.
Amor - Beacon Academy
Eric Z - Beacon Academy
Dr. Eacersall - USQ

9) My wanting to do an ethnographic study of teachers
-as I do get a kick out of observing great teachers at work (it feels like getting immersed in a great movie or an art installation)
10) Wondering about an iteration of a TP study I've done before but using a different methodology

Pausing here…I'm trying to see what's common among 'gifted teachers'.
        My guess - ( like if I were to profile them)
  • Good to great with languages or background in language teaching
  • Hardly netspeaks nor truncates messages
  • Sends complete text messages (not using shortcuts)
  • Reads books for pleasure or has a taste for HiQ literature
  • Grammatically correct
  • Digests content just like that
  • Intuitive and methodical
  • An OC streak
  • Have highly literate parents
  • Really enjoyed reading as a child/teenager
  • Has an older sibling who is highly literate
      Could be's -
  • An actual IQ corresponding to that of a gifted person
  • An IQ for the Fine Arts
Now, a bit of rewind:
Sent: Wednesday, 22 January 2020 12:38 PM

Wondering here-
So a study of expert teachers providing language learning support spanning - K-12 all through Doctoral level.

Shared views & beliefs about 
> learning how to write
> gaps in written expression of students

Common understandings of diagnosing writing problems
and how the above translate into:
>actual explicit language skills instruction

And how did you actually learn the how- to of those? + Teaching principles you abide by or unknowingly demonstrate

And if so, how do we train mowwwh language support teachers to do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment