Sunday, August 12, 2012

The 'L' Word

I'd never thought I'd have to confront this word again. Thanks to JB, an AA student who started posting stuff at her FB which made me feel like a granny! @43. Let me muse about this thing-a-ma-word called LOVE.

JB goes this way: Mahal kita, mahal mo siya pero may mahal siyang iba. Hindi ba pwedeng mahal kita, mahal mo ko, at bahala na siya sa buhay niya? - Jose Rizal on Twitter. =)) In English= I love you, you love him. Can't it just be "I love you and you love me" and to hell with her!-- Jose Rizal on Twitter.

I go: Hmmm baka akala mo lang love hinahanap mo, lol. Hindi hinahanap yun, kung andyan andyan, kung wala, move on. Natrapik lang o binaha si love marahil. Hahabol din yan like everything else in life. I'm such a lola!= In English= Hmmm, perhaps you think it's love you are searching for but it's  actually not, lol. One does not search for it. It is there for the taking if in fact it is there at all. If it ain't there, move on. This love got caught on traffic or some flood in Manila. It's gonna catch up with you anyway, like everything else in life.

Yes, @43, I'm glad to have experienced love of all kinds, with different folks=friends; all forms=erotic kind, romantic kind, unconditional kind; all levels=I don't really have to get into this. More than anything, I think I love the idea of love or being in love or even realizing that  it wasn't love after all, but some kind of lush, which can still turn to love depending on what you do.

Love to me is energy. You can avoid it but I'd rather you meet it head on and see it for what it really is. Observe the flow and decide what to do with it.  

Love=energy=capacity to do work. It needs fuel=action. Or just acknowledge it is there and no need to desperately fan it to keep it alive. Enjoy having it and not necessarily holding on to it so you can have space for other forms of energy to experience  life.

Love can be contained in the brain or the heart if it isn't one's place to nurture it. If you'd like it to be around for some time, then do something--express it=release; translate it=do creative work; refract=do another kind of work;  or reflect=love yourself...reciprocate=keep on doing the work; cuz work=play&learn and get something in return; pay it forward=love others in your own special way; transmit it like some chakra=the magic of touch, hugs and kisses. Those who love you back, or remember it, well and good. Those who do not, just as well and good.

Once I tried so hard to claim that I love God, but then it was difficult cuz it cannot be truly matched. Instead now, I choose to accept and be thankful by still loving my children, my Vicky boy, my work, good friends and of course, myself.

And oh yes, this is my rational and emotional self in one,  saying that the 'L' word isn't so hard to say  after all. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment