Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mala-2-2-bing Theses


2-2 bing= tutubi=dragonfly...an insect which would be a good metaphor to how my brain was operating yesterday as I was reworking my research proposal for this thing called thesis.

New questions, I now have:

AIMS OF THE STUDY:
  • -to develop a model for curriculum development of Open High School Programs (OHSP) in the Philippines
  • -to design curriculum and samples of online courses for students of OHSP
  • -to draw out framework for curriculum planning and implementation ( =program management and monitoring) of proposed curriculum for the OHSP


RESEARCH QUESTIONS (revised_v2):

Which model of curriculum development when merged with existing theory and best practices from ODeL, would be appropriate to conceptualize and design curriculum for an Open High School program in the Philippine setting?

Q1: Which models of curriculum development would be appropriate to conceptualize curriculum for Open High School programs in the Philippine setting?

Q2: Which theory and best practice from the field of ODeL can be integrated into this model?

The above is to go back to square 1 of my initial thesis topic, but then howcome I am still missing something here.  Which is the theorizing part?

I ask because yesterday, precisely, I was like some dragonfly already seeing other parts of my thesis if this were to in fact happen:

-I've tried to visualize how I can use the COI framework to beef up on aspects of the curriculum design (product).

-I see how I can use 3 models of curriculum development (process) to come up with 3 frameworks of doing Open High School:
a) Walker model will be good for any higher educ institution intending to develop Yr 11 and 12 GenEd courses;
b) The Skillbeck model + School based curr dev't for private, small, alternative, progressive schools who may want to branch out to an Open HS (yr 7-10 only)  or academic support for homeschoolers who may want to get into OHS
c) the Print model for DepEd schools who may need a more prescriptive kind of curr dev process to ensure standards are met


Now at least as a dragonfly, I fly and now getting tickled with the scent of flowers from this thing called thesis.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment