Friday, August 29, 2014

With that Bleh Out of the Way, Now This!!!

I laugh now...with that major BLEH out of the way, I now would like to see what I am learning to do these days, besides the teaching part in my new school.

When I was with my university work, I was one of those resisting bureaucracy---you know, those channels of communication,  clear processes to get things done, delineation of work,  meetings galore.
Only to find myself trying to put a bit of this and that into this new work place. Down the drain goes all my research ideas, and shitty theoretical underpinnings of this and that, and though I admit I DO MISS RESEARCH, I realized because it's the best escape from doing the nitty gritty--changing culture=paglabag sa mga bagay na kinagisnan tungo sa kaunlaran.

So this job of LC is really about that--trying to find new ways of doing things by recycling or even transplanting ideas from there to here, or here to there. And I need to start thinking about the teachers as my class of students whom I need to support without them knowing that. It's great to be doing that in ways which are not entirely obvious. I'm glad to be in an obscure office because that means I have to be the one to move about and approach whomever I can manage to. I need not prove to be on top of things because my fellows in the acad team are seeing to that.

Id like to say here that the ultimate measure of my success for this year is just this:
-a sound and coherent teacher appraisal borne out of collaboration from fellow teachers

Just that....I'll have to do my Hist and Philo just the same anyways. So ok, Ill add one---
-a teacher who will be able to comfortably say: YES, I KNOW my students.


No comments:

Post a Comment