Friday, August 29, 2014

It's been a while....

Yeps, it's been a while. And really a long while. A former Beacon School teacher, Ms Isah Caguicla, will surely understand me and we'll just give this a laugh.

Well, these days, I do not entirely feel like laughing. For one, I think I'm feeling old...you know, OLD=pretty much set with particular ways of doing things.  It's not that the challenges no longer surprise me. It's just that when you finally get over what you thought was the greatest challenge of your life (and in my context that was setting up a school, keeping it alive alongside, doing fulltime university work, amidst doctoral studies), here I am with a new challenge being LC (and what the heck is this about) and of adjusting to a new work setting.

Setting up a school was largely different. There was so much ownership involved--blood, sweat and tears of joy. It was not like some job at all. It was doing the daily grind and seeing the purpose of it everyday because I see my children everyday, and I see them grow with other children who are just as lovable.

When I first came to visit this new school, I found myself amazed at Mailin and Mariles. How can they last this long? And both their children who have grown to be young adults, are now in some other school. Why even bother to be here.

But then I HAVE to be here. This is my daughter's education and the only way I can contribute to her schooling since admittedly, I cannot homeschool her to deprive her of other adults who are worthier to guide her through all the other subject areas.

One time, as I was driving home, what if I waited just a bit more for that scholarship to be awarded...perhaps I will be in my own cubicle working on the research I have always wanted to do....or thought so. But then I know, it still won't be enough, right?

Now, it really has been more than a month, I wonder,  what other things in my life have changed? Im feeling more of a mom lately...as in the domesticated kinda mom--making things fine at home. But then there's a limit to that right? Once you get the routine going, it's pretty much there.

Blah blah.  Come to think of it, it has been I a while since I felt bleh. So I guess, Im still good!


No comments:

Post a Comment