Thursday, September 26, 2019

Acknowledgements v.2.0

I'm getting grumpy and hangrrry. I want to sleep on my King sized bed with Vic and Java beside me. I want rice and chicken inasal.
NOT possible at this time!!!

So, let's do this na = a small but important portion of my dissertation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This research project is my renewal of vows to the Philippines.
At the most testing time when almost everyone in my FB are either hurting, hopeless or angry, I dug deep to find the reasons for getting into Education in the first place. I believed in it then during Ninoy Aquino's assassination, and I still believe in it now.  Education is still a great weapon against underdevelopment, indifference and hopelessness. 

This journey to educate myself further has  brought me humility, gratitude and rekindled faith in the goodness of people and the love of God. I truly appreciate the greater minds out there who have widened my perspectives, mentored me through qualitative research, listened and challenged me through my academic writing. Through your time and efforts, I have regained trust in myself in order to tread on the last leg of my career as educator-researcher, daydreamer-magic bean-buyer. I'm in this for the long haul.

This research was made possible through the support, resources, inspiration and unselfish knowledge of the following: 

Doctors, amazing and gifted: Dr Arnon Rivera, Dr Teret de Villa, Dr Nemah Hermosa, Dr Lex Librero, Dr Virgilio Manzano, Dr Angelito Manalili, Dr Pat Arinto, Dr Primo Garcia, Dr David Jones, Dr Patrick Danaher, Dr Rachel King, Dr Sophia Imran, Dr Barbara Harmes, Dr Douglas Eacersall, Dr Linda Galligan,  Dr Petrea Redmond and the PGECR group of Doctors and Doctors-to-be - your time and talents are truly appreciated;

Universities and their people: the Research Support Team of USQ,  the University of the Philippines-System, particularly the Office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs and the University of the Philippines Open University - your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.  I shall pay it forward to our studentry.

Teachers, parents, students, school leaders and staff of the Marikina City schools and The  Builders’ School: you have held on through thick and thin for the sake of innovative and progressive education in the Philippines. Press on!

Earl and Nicky and the rest of the Pantillano family: you are my home away from home. There is nothing like our sisterly-brotherly bond in the name of Sigma Delta Phi and Upsilon Sigma Phi.

Rivera, Lazo and Villanueva Clan: my utmost thanks for keeping the love alive over our FB Bonfire and Viber.

Truest friends who go by the name of Rachel, Atel, Queenie, Sol, Nefer, Kat, Diego, and Al-Francis: you have kept in touch with my hyper thoughts and feelings. Please hang in there to keep my heart and mind in place.

Espada and Inocentes family, Anna and Alex: you have kept me warm, well-fed and safe at Queensland. Health and happiness to all of you.

To the couple Julieta '57 and Manuel '57: you still are the sweet and spice of my life. Your love has conquered all. 

U.P. Oblation by Guillermo Tolentino: you have been a silent witness to all my running rage and moments of peace. I lay at your feet compassion and academic excellence. 

Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Lorde,  Ennio Maricone, Sting, The Cure,  CMBYN soundtrack, Oasis, Batman, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Villette, East of Eden, The Literary Apprentice, L422 and G422.10: such great company you are all throughout my writing.

And most of all, to the worshipable Teacher Vic, Miranda and Mauro,  you truly are God's likeness here on Earth. Your love is the greatest of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment