Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Green Button: Yoohoo, your male brain please


This is like Bilbo Baggins' There and Back again.
Our version isn't so terrible at least.
I can see myself as any of the hobbits while he, a Gandalf.
Must be his hair and height.

Back in Year 2009, we were both junior facs at UPOU. I think he was a year ahead me working on a research project with a senior faculty. Glad that we ended up doing our first stint into co-writing. 
This is all because of our shared experience of the ONE and ONLY UPOU Community Site, YEAH!!!


Thanks to green chat buttons, email exchanges and shared google sheets. We didn't even have to be together all the time to keep our brains working. Such is the salience > immediacy > social presence - cognitive presence > connectedness afforded by technology. Like a recent finding in my thesis.


After 2-4 years of business as usual with our careers, families, with brief Xmas and birthday greets or FB posts in between, I've come to know that  green button is on full study leave, just like me. Though really, he deserves it more than I do having toiled the toil while about 3 of us went on temporary leave and 1 out of UPOU, now @ANU, Canberra.


AFDL has coursework on auto-ethnography at University of Lancaster while I don't have any while at USQ.  So I'm a bit envious.  I dabbled with auto-ethno back then as AA Program Chair working on "Making Sense of Student Support at a Distance"...eklavoos.  I pulled a paper presentation all the way at Pune. Thanks to JZarate, Hum Prof of my AA's, who gave me great feedback. 


Now, I'm self-studying how to go about this paper for the foreseen PGECR sympo.  It helped that Green Button=AFDL is ON. Need some feedback from him. Here goes:


JRV 

to AFDL

Hi.

I'm submitting this for presentation here at USQ.
Can you pls review-- since you really have clearer, male kind of brain:

PhD Journey:  A Tale from the Backend of v.1.0 – v.2.0

Super salamat!

:)
--> Aleta


AFDL

to JRV


Hmmm.. refer to yourself in the first person instead?


Not sure what to look for, exactly. But that might be a potential issue. Hard to pinpoint the outcomes you were after. Or is the ambiguity deliberate?


JRV 
to AFDL

Good point.


Though I'm trying to avoid referring to I kase baka umiyak ako sa audience. Or sige, let's see ha.

Outcomes - can it be just contribution to ongoing practice? I haven't read so much pa on auto-ethno -- maybe I can find it there.

You have any reading or handout on auto-ethno? Baka dun ko mahanap yung ano ba contribution. Something on how to avoid self serving interests.

Salamat ha.



AFDL
to JRV

Autoethnography e. This is about you... only pro wrestlers and egomaniacs refer to themselves in the third person. Hehe. Pinili mo yan kaya kasalanan mo kung iiyak ka in front of an audience. Hahaha.

It still has to be treated like any quali research. I called autoethnography that line between a well-written blog and scientific research, which some of my classmates liked. 

Autoethnography as Method by Chang was really helpful to me a few months ago. Malamang meron niyan sa library niyo, online or otherwise.


JRV 
to AFDL


Humahalakhak ako todo! See, that is why I need your male brains.

Thanks for tolerating the crazy in me.
I just don't know with the person who will  end up reviewing my submission.

I'll edit then resubmit, haha.


AFDL is in my circle of fave colleagues at UPOU. Ever reliable.
He is very intuitive in a different way and yet still scientific.
Must be his music-art brain mixing with knowledge on information systems and environmental science background = gifted child.
Looking forward to an honest to goodness collab work and again, with OUR students/ future mentees, post-PhD...which btw starts here:  ColLaboratoire 2020








No comments:

Post a Comment