Thursday, December 24, 2009

Self Check 1

I realized that I should just go by my own process of writing research.
I think that's where the confusion came from while I was doing EDRE 206.

It was structured in a way which was different from my way of doing research.
BUT, the point is, I am here to learn. I go back to my goal of why I enrolled in this course.
Beyond what the course guide stipulates, I chose this course because this was the only possible means for me to beef up on Quali Research.

Am I meeting my goals? YES.
Am I meeting the course goals? Not exactly but I will get there. I think because my mind is up to something and the greater need is to satsify that over satisfying the course requirements. But if I adjust my ways, I will be able to comply with my TMA's. So the plan is to get over a few portions of the paper...then back track to do the TMA's.
As an afterthought, I should have relayed this earlier on to my FIC. It's just that I was a bit cautious or played safe. But now that Mam Jean has responded to my request, then that solves a few things already.

So here I am, moving on to doing a review of lit.
It's one of my favorite parts for the following reasons:
1) I enjoy searching for journal and research articles and the feeling of "WOWhhh, what a good find!"
2) I love it when a paper matches exactly what I need.
3) I learn how other researchers structure their papers.
4) I get to trace the "major" sources which most researchers refer to.
5) Now I have a new goal: to look at the paper's theoretical frames...nax!


This is still fun and exciting.
Btw, thanks to Ebscohost and QualR List, FQS and google search.

No comments:

Post a Comment