Saturday, March 26, 2011

Taking a Chance...Again

Somebody asked about my research and so I started to rethink what I thought have forgotten. This is what I have now. I don't know if this is good enough, but I need to try at least. Reposting here from an email I sent to the 'medium' who happens to be as good as the message.

March 2011
What has been at the back of my mind since I started with my small gradeschool and getting involved with my open university is the idea of a virtual HS. Why? Simply because I believe not all children are meant to end up in the big private Catholic schools we have nor the public HS which are in a worse situation. There has to be other alternatives.

But this has been a bugger for me as I may have a keen sense of what can work but I need research to back me up. I'm not even sure whether I should get into a virtual HS as I have gradeschool to take care of.

However, the least thing I can do for now is to research about it in answer to the ff questions:

1) What's a good model to do a Virtual HS? ( for homeschoolers, school leavers=out of school youth and students coming from progressive grade schools who are most likely to consider this)

2) What's the best platform to launch this?

3) What other things should be planned for to assure its efficiency, effectivity and sustainability for the end users ?

The above research should be based on prior studies related to:

-the state of Alternative Learning Systems in the Phil for homeschoolers and school leavers
-gaps in the implementation of these: whether curr related or delivery related
-current learning needs of prospective learners
-curriculum targets of HS (local Dept of Educ requirements)
-the state of Virtual HS in developing countries
-platforms which are out there which can make Virtual HS happen (ex how does VHS operate in US-based Open Universities and is WizIQ in fact a better alternative...but if no research about it yet, what proves its efficiency and "power"? perhaps WiziQ stats in terms of classes for HS levels!!!)

And since I am looking for a good working model of a VHS, the research needs to arrive at:
-recommended model of VHS using an effective platform for Filipino learners
-other areas which may not be met by current virtual platform and hence have to be sourced out or developed
-mechanisms to monitor student learning and teaching effectiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment