Friday, December 17, 2010

Did I give birth to a Donkey? or hwhaat?

Around the same time last month, we had our LOTR rerun. This time you were paying attention. Ate Da, Tatay and I totally get the movie since we've seen this for the nth time. So we just watch in silence. But you, Mauro boy, now at 6.9 yrs old, have all these questions for every scene. You throw a question then end it consistently this way: "....ha? ha? ha Tatay? ha?" At first, it's kinda amusing, but it's getting quite irritating cuz now I'm wondering whether I gave birth to a mouse or to a donkey cuz I'm feeling like a Shrek with all your questions.

Then again, you never cease to amuse me. Even with your mood swings, I still feel like the luckiest nanay alive cuz I get to hug you anytime, tease you anytime, smell you anytime, make gigil you anytime. I see how you make Annika smile with your jokes in class. I see how you get excited over school. I see how you can be driven to make things and how you seek Ate Da's help when frustrated. I see you get your way with this and that. I witness how you instantly call the attention of older children, teachers and parents over at Tatay's reading clinic. You do engage them in good conversation. Your latest fan is a 6'4 hunk of a Teacher Andrew. You got him to give you his basketball jersey and he's been saving your pics in his cellphone. You've been entertaining each other by playing 'monsters' on a sheet of paper. You've charmed him enough to make him stay fulltime with us. He's a good teacher find, as good as Teacher Chella and I really am hoping they stick around. Because if so, this tells me that I can give a fews things a GO, no more excuses. It's either I take things slow or I'm in for a major decision next year.

I can let go of other stuff I simply do not have the energy for so I can get to do what I've been postponing to do for the nth time--decluttering, letting go, cleaning up. There's a pile of stuff in one room I need to fix. Bags of toys and clothes to be sorted out, etc etc etc. I need to get back to stuff-ies I've postponed for 2 years since I broke a plate. I thought I'd throw it all away just like that. But then I found the pieces and glued it all up.

I can now live with myself again..... only because you, Ate Da and Tatay are the way you are. In case you'd turn out to be a donkey and not a mouse, or become an illustrator-dentist-diver-soccer player (that's according to your proclamations since the age of 4), I sure hope you can live with yourself as well. If not, I'll try to return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment