Sunday, April 17, 2011

M&M's 2011

So what have we been up to lately?

My Mauro
You just turned 7 this year and now worthy of becoming Grade 1. For a year, we've been harping on your inconsistent handwriting while marvel at your thoughts, questions and sense of humor. Last summer, you were into swimming, now you're into soccer. You've been spending worthy time with your cousin Jaco and have been clapping your palms on your knees for 2 weeks to get that sound you're after. I still wonder if you finally got that sound you were aiming for. You lost 1 tooth and about to lose another one. From time to time your emotional you surface and Nanay has to be around to help you think. Allow me to describe our latest incident...

You just started with your dance lessons with Lucas. But then, you were also spending time with Jaco. You want to spend more time with Jaco and see your dance lessons as an obstacle to what you want. You feel helpless because you want to argue your way through it. You come up with all kinds of excuses but you know very well that these reasons were unacceptable. As usual, you want to have your way but Nanay is insistent that you cannot simply back off from your dance lesson committment to be with Jaco since not even Jaco can be with you everyday. So you tearfully explain things to me--making problems out of nothing is what I see. From my view, I want you to see clearly why things cannot be the way you want them to be. So I had to make this text of days spread throughout the week to show you Jaco's busy days and your busy days. It was obvious that you can't be together everyday. You saw that of course but you needed time to sort out your feelings. As your nanay I was torn between taking you in my arms and letting you cry OR letting you simply take it for what it is. I chose the latter. I told you that you still have time to sort out your feelings but at 10am, we just have to go and get your dance lessons over with. True enough, by 10am you were ready to go. Ate Josie had to take you cuz Nanay needed to work on some grades as she has her won targets to meet for that day. That cheered you up a bit. You are now looking forward to spending time with Jaco the next day, as that was one thing you saw from the schedule. Such as it is, anak!

My Miranda
You give me these sad, bored. disinterested look these days especially in the mornings once you wake up and have break-musal (=breakfast=almusal). This is like half of you being pre-teen. At times, you just go right ahead and give me a cuddle and a hug just like how you were when you were once my baby. Yeah, I sometimes forget that you still crave for warmth. I always assume that you hardly have any need for a nanay cuz you have grown to be the Miranda that you are. You still bury yourself in books. Your taste has widened and your growing vocab attest to that. In one sitting, you can artfully come up with a good paragraph. Your retelling of jokes and stories shows your memory for details. Now, you are committed to doing your guitar lessons and spending fun times with your cousin Samantha.Sometimes I just sit in amazement with what you are able to do and clearly you have always been your own self.

And you are still very much a child, still seeking my company and requesting for a tucking in at night before you go to bed. You ask about which clothes go together. You are still fond of clay, painting, and plant vs zombies. One time, you amused yourself by listing all the names and characters of this video game. You remembered around 60 or more names. You were saddened by the fact that your Easter egg broke :(

My first born....yes, you have made a mother out of me. I know that I am not a perfect mom, and never will be. No matter how I try to think that perhaps I've let go of that role due to other things I am busy with in my life, you still see me as that..out of need or out of love perhaps? I guess that should be fine, right?

I look forward to the day when I hope that you will see me as a friend or as any other person who makes you think, wonder and question life or even fight battles with.

First battle this year, is your hair. Sooo proud that you've won it! Love you, dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment