Friday, November 1, 2019

Post-hard truths: Disclaimers

Hard truths:
1) Toowoomba can never be my home.
2) I feel that I have already gotten what I want out of this land.
3) That THIS is starting to feel like a lonely climb of what is left for me to climb.
4) That 10 years from now, people's names and faces will start to fade in the background
5) Once done = more work 2do at UPOU because IOU!

Disclaimers...post-hard truths: (for a lack of a subheading)

1) Toowoomba can never be my home... but it's a space I can call my own. I'm adding Toowoomba to my list of sojourns (the promdi-island kind):

a.  Sitio Kalangitan, Capas, Tarlac.. .......1994
b.  Loob-Bunga, Botolan, Zambales.......1995
c.  Cuyo Is., Palawan..............................1998
d.  Tablas Is., Romblon...........................1999
e.  Brunswick, VIC.................................2001
f.   Agra, India ........................................2011
f.  SJV, Laguna .......................................2014
e.  Toowoomba, QLD.......2017...2018...2019 

Though clearly, the name has nothing to do with an island, but more of a melon or  Woomba woomba = reed in a swamp 


2) I feel that I have already gotten what I want out of this land
...but not yet in terms of food finds and Australian accents.

3) That THIS is starting to feel like a lonely climb of what is left for me to climb
... which I can turn to a happy one. I must look forward to sharing my auto-ethno as a way to connect my story to the 100 and 1 stories I've heard in the PGECR meetings.

4) That 10 years from now, people's names and faces will start to fade in the background
...but if I make it a point to look back and remember at least 10 significant people or less, by writing letters or saying silent prayers in the next 5 years in celebration of my graduation day, then I can at least make the process of fading stretch-span for 2 decades.

5) Once done = more work 2do at UPOU because IOU! 
So let the work run its course, but let me maneuver it in my own terms and within spaces I'd like for it to happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment