Friday, January 8, 2010

What's Brewing....

Cutting and pasting an email exchange:

Re Site stats: What good will it do?
(I'm thinking aloud + figuring out something here to get to a certain point)
That article from where I got those site stats actually say that such stats didn't provide enough basis to evaluate site interaction in the VC. And so the article went on to use other means to describe the nature of interaction among members of the VC qualitatively.

I'm thinking along these lines...
to include some kind of data in your narrative in terms of:
-threads which garnered most number of hits/ responses
-threads which YOU as moderator see as indicatives of quality interaction
-threads which provide evidence that there is a growing sense of community

Okie. Now I have Part 2 questions brewing ...

In the end, I guess, to examine the interaction and sense of community at the site, we need to use the ff:
-narratives from a set of guide questions
-contents from specific threads at the site
-questionnaire/ checklist (there's a sense of classroom community survey I got somewhere which I can tweak to use at the site for active users and new users)

Is there any other data you think we should include?

But there's a WOW here cuz finally I stepped out of that OC-ness of looking at review of lit.I am now getting into concerns re data gathering and analysis...yehey.

No comments:

Post a Comment