Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Filtering Ideas=Pure and Simple TP

I need to remove unnecessary eklavoos before I start viewing+interpreting more classes at WizIQ and writing. Hence a few more reminders here for me:

1) Remove the idea of effective teaching from my pie.
2) For lit review---veer away from the whole COI framework and instead focus on what is said about teaching presence only---instructor presence...therefore look for Kessler's work
3) I can still afford to write about synchronous online platforms--only to establish that much research on TP + indicators are along the lines of asynchronous classes.
4) Mention emerging themes perhaps from prior research but mention also the nature of the data gathering---one is based on interviews of students, one is based on interviews of teachers---how about recorded classes and as interpreted by the researcher.

The above only mean that I as researcher, am doing this study to provide an interpretation of TP as viewed from a novice teacher's view---an outsider looking into the classes to observe how TP is happening.

I am not asking nor measuring nor relating this to the idea of effective teaching...instead I am plainly and purely looking into TP and what it is.

So if I am not even relating this to effective teaching, the significance of my study then is this: I am contributing to research on TP by providing another data source, another data gathering methodology to interpret TP. ...or perhaps another way of looking at TP?Is that it? What is f****** missing!!!


Preliminary Findings point to this one research question....
"How is teaching presence happening in live synchronous classes of exemplary language teachers?"




No comments:

Post a Comment