Friday, August 26, 2011

Hitting Angry Birds with One Stone of a Research

Yeah, aren't all these Angry Birds soooo cute!!! My son made his sketch of Angry Birds on his own. While he is driven and fixated with his all types of drawings, I bring myself to do the same for my research on Teaching Presence. I am now taking note of emerging themes from my observations of exemplary teachers. Thanks to Nellie, George and Namrata, plus a few hired teachers to help with the audio transcriptions, this research has more reason to go on.

For one, my questions are growing: Can 'teaching presence' be taught? Was it meant to be viewed this way? If so, what is the best way to do it for preservice online teachers? Is there some kind of teaching presence particular to synchronous live classes vs f2f? particular to each subject matter?....How is teaching presence best learned by student-teachers/would-be/ novice online teachers? Are there differences between how novice and expert F2F teachers perceive and learn about teaching presence in synchronous platforms?


Secondly, I need to remind myself why I chose to do this over other things:
-I'd like to know how to amply prepare Bachelor of Education Studies student-teachers to run synchronous classes in K-12/ Open HS;
-I'd like to see whether observing of recorded live virtual classes will influence the way they teach and if so, in what ways;
-I'd like to build on this study in order to observe online teachers of K-12 abroad and how they teach synchronously;
-I'd like to design a workshop training on how local teachers can effectively use a videoconferencing platform;
-I'd like to model good teaching practices using WizIQ to our BES/pre service teachers; and lastly,
-I'd like to get into teaching Filipino as a Second Language online via WizIQ, and do this effectively

Now as to whether I can sustain this interest and action in as much as how my son is forever into Naruto-Angry Birds-Wrestling-Manga-Anime-Megalodon-Fossil drawing+video games+cartoons, then this could really be like hitting a bit of everything in one stone of a research.

No comments:

Post a Comment