Saturday, September 10, 2011

Twistwacted: Open HS+BES-LTS+Online Tutorials@WizIQ&Moodle

I was looking at the discussion re Wiki to Speech (by John Graves NZ) started by Nellie at our WizIQ forums when this popped.  Now, I'm pretty much Twistwacted...but only just a bit compared to how I can actually be virtually distracted. I'm am now learning the skill of Disciplined Distraction while on the Net=the capacity to maneuver ones distractions in order to still get things done at the end of the day.  I've allowed myself to get twistwacted for just 30 mintues....only because my Open HS ideas are cropping up every now and then while I'm in the midst of learning from a network of  WizIQ Experts=Nellie of IT4ALL, George of EDUPunk, and Chris '6Geeks& ZDNet and prepping myself to view class recordings for my current paper.

Here it goes:

Doc Nemah H one time at the UPOU Fac Congress told me about a possible UPOU-LTS (=Literacy Training Service)-Marikina Open HS hook up. So with UPOU's prospective undergrad degree on Education, perhaps we can develop modules for Literacy Training Service through which our undergrads can learn how to tutor students of Marikina Open HS using blended online teaching=WizIQ+Moodle.  This is a means to break in and immerse our students in actual online teaching experiences even before they start their actual practice teaching. 

Interesting to study what prior knowledge (=TK+TPK?) UPOU undergrads will bring into this service learning experience of doing LTS. LTS 1=modules to prepare them for online teaching using 2 platforms to include use of social networking to establish rapport and do initial investigation of prospective students from Marikina Open HS. Then LTS 2=Actual Tutorial Experiences and Reflections.

Our Bachelor of Education Studies=BES undergrads can use the upcoming virtual community site  hatched by Prof Sol with the help of Prof Bobby. Then of course, there's  a good reason to start  EPortfolio pages for our BES students with their blogs and hands-on experiences with LTS-Open HS-Online Teaching.

How do I plan to contribute? I would like to co-develop a set of modules and train students to use tools in Online Teaching --facilitation and direct instruction (future product of my current research on Teaching Presence at WizIQ) via Moodle+WizIQ. Then maybe I can be FIC of this LTS, whose job includes bringing in basic ed subject area experts (ex Teacher Vic + Readability clinicians) who can mentor LTS students in terms of the basics of literacy teaching and learning.

Now that I have dumped this here, I shall return to my current priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment