Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What THIS is NOT

Funny how my shifts in music/video over youtube are indicative of my actions in my paper writing and everything else I need to produce from my brains. I've been listening to the music of Duncan Sheik --Gabriel & Dresden remix like for a week to get report cards over and done with in my small school.  This work on report cards practically suspended  my work for  the paper I'm writing.

But now, I've just shifted to   the 80's Pretty in Pink soundtrack, all because I've managed to get back into research mode. I've done a skeleton-draft of the paper I plan to present 1.5 weeks from now at LITCON IDAC Asia in Penang. I've identified emerging themes and the task at hand is to review the transcripts and coding to get me into writing thick descriptions.

Writing the paper requires discipline and focus on my part because I need to be able to let go of unnecessary layers to my writing. This blog, again, is a way to remind me what my study is NOT about!!!

Here goes....in ALL CAPS lest I fall into the trap of writing much more than I need to:

-THIS PAPER IS NOT ENTIRELY ABOUT WIZIQ AS THE TEACHING PRESENCE I AM INVESTIGATING HAPPENS TO BE  AMONG EXEMPLARY TEACHERS AND LEARNERS

-THIS  PAPER IS NOT REALLY ABOUT EFFECTIVE ONLINE TEACHING--THAT WILL BE AN ENTIRELY A POST-STUDY THINGIE I CAN LOOK INTO LATER ON

-THIS PAPER DOES NOT HAVE TO GO DEEPLY INTO COI'S DEFINITION OF TP--IN FACT IT AIMS TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER WAY OF LOOKING AT TP

-THIS PRELIMINARY STUDY DOES NOT INTEND TO MAKE DEFINITIVE CLAIMS OF TP--IT ONLY AIMS TO INVESTIGATE EMERGING THEMES OF TP

-THIS PAPER'S VERSION SHALL NOT END WITH CERTAINTY OF WHAT TP IS...INSTEAD THE CONCLUSION SHALL END WITH AN INKLING THAT  TP MAY IN FACT ENCOMPASS SP AND CP IN THE CONTEXT OF SYCHRONOUS LIVE CLASS= TP=TEACHING AND LEARNING HAPPENING ARISING FROM DYNAMIC INTERACTIONS AMONG PARTICIPANTS OF THE CLASS--INTERACTIONS WITH CONTENT, INTERACTIONS AMONG LEARNERS, SHIFTS IN  TEACHER-LEARNER ROLES--INITIALLY TEACHER HAS THE UPPERHAND BUT AS PARTICIPANTS GO THROUGH LEARNING--THIS HOWEVER COULD BE LARGELY DEPENDENT ON THE TEACHING STYLE OF THE TEACHER

Por Dios Por Santo...now how to arrive at all these...

No comments:

Post a Comment