Friday, December 26, 2014

God speaks...in Verrry Weird Ways

I started my day visiting a wake, more to touch base with UP REP folks, and also to express my condolences to Jay Santiago. I cannot imagine what he is going through right now.

I remember Jay and Myleen to be a couple very much into each other during our college days. I also knew then that Jay was really fallen. He seemed to be the kind who falls in love with the idea of love--but with Myleen, it was different because it was real love. Jay was the kind of person who will go out of his way to show  how much he cared for a loved one, also as a way to express that he needed to be cared for in return. Myleen was the perfect person to give that.

The necro, however, showed me a different side to J&M.  At least, it allowed me to understand who they are as a married couple. Seems to be a turbulent marriage but what marriage isn't?  Jay was very honest with his story of Myleen. Even the eldest daughter was honest and brave--very Myleen.
Myleen's family was clearly a message of courage to go on, of strength which can only come from God alone.

Perhaps when the time comes that I have to be the one to stand in front of others and speak  of my beloved, I will just have to be as strong...and look back to this birthday when God has spoken once again through people and experiences, and in moments when you least expect.

Here is today's message I take home with me on my 46th year on earth:

>The presence of UP Rep folks and getting reconnected at this time.
Response: Keep in touch with folks from way back. Make it significant while it lasts.

>The mother spoke of the kind of daughter Myleen is.
Response: Tipong Lord naman, sige na.
                  Okie, I will try for the nth time kahit give up na give up na ako sa chang-inang nanay ko.

>The priest's message--Be passionate, just like Myleen. Be free. Enjoy the simplest things in life.
Response: Go ahead and live life to the fullest, no regrets. You made the right choice to stay here, Aleta, and live life to the fullest at this time of your life. See the little things God is giving you.

>The BP song by LM: Ang Pupuno sa Akin, replaying as I drive home
Response:  Omgahhd, Aleta. Ang boba mo, ngayon mo lang napakinggan mabuti at nakuha ang kahulugan ng awiting iyon. Myleen may not have seen clearly everything she wanted to happen in her life or could have experienced in case she has chosen to stay with us. Her soul shall rest in peace.  As for us, the living, things will come and go, just like anything in life. God giveth and God taketh away--He took away almost everything, if that was the only way for me to see Him and Him alone.

Surrender na po ako, Panginoon.

Today is the weirdest birthday I have ever had. A mix of sadness and joy, pleasure and pain---above all these is the Lord who will find the means to reveal Himself in ways we least expect.

Happy Birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment