Friday, May 6, 2011

Post Modern AutoEthno?

Finally, real feedback for my first ever auto ethno, the paper I presented at Pune, India. Colleague Jovy Zarate finally spent some time to read my paper and relay to me comments and recommendations. She sensed some hesitation on my part to go full blown post modern auto ethno. She advised that I continue working on this paper by maximizing my 'field notes' (blog entries + email exchanges). She also said somethingie about subject positioning. Ooooh, I never thought there was such a thing! But yes there is! I need to strengthen that part of the paper since I already managed to surface traces of this by drawing from my prior experiences of community dev work, classroom teaching and curriculum studies. She needs to see a more solid connection among these and how these impact on my evolving views and actions of student support.

No comments:

Post a Comment