Tuesday, May 3, 2011

WizIQ Paper Committment

Starting ideas here....
Thanks to Bryan and Kalyan for letting me know about WizIQ :)

Letter to WizIQ

I hope you are well and in good cheer.

I am a faculty member of the University of the Philippines Open Univesity and was in the recent SCDL Conference at Pune last February 2011. I chanced upon your presentation on Mobile Learning and WizIQ. Since then, and through the efforts and patience of your Support Team, I have been an active member at WizIQ learning community and now a registered Premium Teacher. I am learning tons through my recent experiences of running small private classes with gradeschoolers and program orientation sessions with my undergraduate students of the University of the Philippines Open University. Over and above this, I am able to build networks with equally lifelong learners and teachers at WizIQ.

In this regard, I am writing to seek permission to do a study of a small number of online teachers running Language/ESL classes at WizIQ. The planned study aims to:

-describe the nature of teacher presence of 5 well recommended teachers at WiziQ
-examine how online teachers skillfully use the multiple modes made available
by the virtual classroom
-describe compensatory strategies employed by teachers while engaged in teaching
and facilitation

The study shall be grounded on reflective practice and Anderson's community of inquiry framework. The community of learning established at WizIQ lends itself naturally for teachers to learn from each other through simple exchange of ideas and sharing of online teaching experiences and practices. Hence, the study sits well with WiziQ having rich data made available to all types of online learners and teachers. The planned study shall be qualitative in nature and involve my participation in live online classes as well as viewing/observing recorded classes. I may also have to conduct online interviews with these expert/well recommended teachers at WizIQ. Should time permit, I intend to present results of this study at the upcoming AAOU Conference organized by Wawasan University come September 2011 (25th AAOU Conference Penang).

No comments:

Post a Comment